Eagles use observations: Carson Wentz dazzles; Josh Adams gets a chance; Nate Sudfeld gets some-more reps
August 7, 2018 - Finding Carter
- Doug Pederson dialed it behind on a prohibited and erotic day. The Eagles manager pronounced that he had designed for a players to use in full pads, though that he had had been gratified with a bid of his group and didn’t see a need to pull them with a feverishness index rising over 100 degrees. The players wore shorts and shells and a examination finished 30 mins early. The initial section worked sparingly during group drills. The bulk of personification time in Thursday’s preseason opener opposite a Steelers will go to a second and third units.
- Nick Foles is doubtful to fit adult and start. He missed a third true use with tenderness in his neck area. He was assimilated on a sidelines by far-reaching receivers Nelson Agholor and Mike Wallace, using behind Matt Jones, linebacker Asantay Brown and core Ian Park. Agholor was absent for a initial time this camp. He pronounced following that he was fine. Zach Ertz returned after sitting out 3 days. He was limited, however, and is doubtful to go on Thursday. Tight finish Richard Rodgers, receiver Markus Wheaton and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata were behind in action. Running behind Donnel Pumphrey left use early, though he pronounced he would be prepared for a Steelers.
- Carson Wentz didn’t attend in group drills for an eighth true practice, though a quarterback was pointy during 7-on-7 drills. He usually took 6 snaps, though here’s a rundown: Wentz strike Kamar Aiken on a brief slant. The pass was thrown a smidge behind his receiver. It would be his misfortune pass. Wentz bending adult with receiver Mack Hollins on a 10-yard out with cornerback Ronald Darby in male coverage. He roped a dart to receiver Greg Ward on a join route. In a red zone, Wentz tossed a back-shoulder pass to parsimonious finish Dallas Goedert in a dilemma of a finish zone. There was small Jalen Mills could do in coverage. Wentz threw high and radically divided from Ward with reserve Malcolm Jenkins glued to a receiver. And finally, he strung a low barb to parsimonious finish Joshua Perkins on a brief dig. The pass was where usually Perkins could get it. Wentz was operative with mostly backups opposite a initial section defense. His knee hasn’t been privileged for contact, though his arm certain looks prepared to go.
- Cornerback Sidney Jones was behind in a container with a initial unit. He’s expected to play both inside and out on Thursday. Nate Gerry remains a tip weak-side linebacker. The Eagles seem to wish him to win a job. He’s creation a clever case, nonetheless Kamu Grugier-Hill is knocking on a door. The Eagles stagger a lot during a descent ability positions, though rookie using behind Josh Adams took his initial reps with a second section (unless we missed something). Adams has a shot to explain a fourth tailback spot. Matt Jones has frequency practiced. Pumphrey has shown improvement, though he hasn’t accurately dazzled. And Wendell Smallwood hasn’t stood out. It’s early, and a games will be a biggest evaluator. Adams had difficulty removing upfield on Tuesday, partly since of a blocking. Goedert whiffed on one run and padded his chest as if to say, “My fault.” Quarterback Nate Sudfeld threw to Adams once in a flat, though he forsaken a round with cornerback Rasul Douglas bearing down.
- Sudfeld has gotten a lot of work over a final several days. He’ll be a starting quarterback on Thursday. He strung a join pass to receiver Shelton Gibson. Douglas pennyless adult a pass to receiver Bryce Treggs. Receiver Tim Wilson hung onto a Sudfeld crack with his fingertips. Running behind Corey Clement dropped an opening pass. Receiver DeAndre Carter caught a dilemma blur for a touchdown.
- Fourth-string quarterback Joe Callahan, bursting group reps with Sudfeld, threw behind Perkins and was scarcely picked off by Jones. The round sailed by a corner’s outstretched hands. Callahan had his struggles. He went to double-covered Treggs and was incomplete. He threw far-reaching of Carter. He fared improved after in practice, attack Gibson on another join track and anticipating Carter open over a middle.
- Cameron Johnston got off to a unsure start with his initial punt. Told to feet away, a round went off a side of his feet and leap brief of returner Darren Sproles. He was most improved on No. 2. Johnston was steady, if unspectacular, with his pooch kicks inside a 20. But he looked his best all stay during “backed up” punts. The initial dual were boomers, and while a second was comparatively short, he had good hang time.