ROAD TO RIO: Athletes speak style, plea anticipating clothes
July 13, 2016 - Finding Carter
Whether a weightlifter, gymnast, basketball actor or cyclist, Olympians know that medals are one distance fits all. They have also prolonged given schooled that a garments accessible for their prominent biceps, large thighs and thick necks, are not. That’s because Olympic character is all about their comfort.
NBC Olympics talked with athletes about their struggles anticipating clothes. Watch a video to see what they had to say.
Here is information on a athletes from this video:
- Michelle Carter: Carter won a women’s shot put subordinate competition and is headed to Rio.
- Steven Lopez: Lopez is a two-time Olympic bullion medalist in taekwondo. He’s going behind to Rio with Team USA.
- Haley Anderson: Anderson is competing in the 10,000-meter open H2O eventuality in Rio.
- Taylor Phinney: Phinney will contest in Road Cycling in Rio, that will be his third Olympic games.
- Simone Biles: Biles won a U.S. Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Trials to acquire an involuntary mark on a team. She’s widely deliberate a best gymnast in a world.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings: Rio will be Walsh Jennings’ fifth Olympics – nonetheless her initial with a new partner. She won bullion in 2004, 2008 and 2012.
The Opening Ceremony for a Rio Olympic Games can be seen Aug 5 on News Channel 8. News Channel 8’s Paul Ryan will be in Rio with live reports during a Olympics, that run from Aug. 5 – 21.
Stay with WFLA.com for a latest on a games.